Spring 2023 Now Recruiting - Overseas Candidates Welcome!
We are accepting applications for teaching positions: Calling all candidates willing to come to Japan or living here already!
Please read the Application Information for the Spring 2023 Term for more details.
From Application to Arrival in Japan
- All applicants are required to fill out an online application form.
- Only selected applicants will be interviewed.
- After thorough examination and review of your application, we will inform you of the result by email.
Sign the contract
- Once you formally accept the position, we will send you contractual documents by mail.
Purchase flight tickets
- You will arrange flights through our appointed travel agencies.
Apply for a visa
- We will send the necessary documents for you to apply for a visa at a Japanese Embassy/Consulate.
- You will complete online training to familiarize yourself with the Westgate teaching style.
Arrive in Japan!
- Westgate staff will meet you at the airport and escort you to your apartment.
Sample First Week Schedule
* Please be advised that the actual schedule may differ slightly from the sample below.
- Day 1
- Arrival (Tokyo, Narita International Airport)
- Day 2
- Address registration on Residence Card at the local municipal office
Japan Post Bank account opened at the local post office
- Day 3
- Day off (Possible orientation depending on the assignment.)
- Day 4
- Pre-service orientation and training
- Day 5
- Day off
- Day 6
- Class start